An Easy Way To Stay Healthy
Did you know that one of the best ways to keep your kids from getting sick, and reduce the spread of germs, is also one of the easiest things to teach them?
Because little ones are very visual learners, here is a fun way to teach your kids about germs!
- Have your child sprinkle a little glitter or flour on their hands.
- Tell them that you are going to pretend that the glitter represents germs, and that germs make us sick.
- Then have them shake hands with a friend, pick up a toy or touch a door handle.
- Where did the “germs” go?
- Did it pass from their hands to the other objects? That’s how germs spread!
- Now have them go wash their hands and repeat the steps.
- Did the “germs” pass this time? Washing hands keeps the germs away and keeps us healthy!
Here are some other tips and tricks to get your little ones to actually enjoy washing their hands.